Our client is a care home based in Croydon, London and they are looking for a Registered General Nurse.
1. Day to Day Duties:
- Work as a RGN LEAD “on the floor” (including dispensing the medication
- Manage team of SHCA, HCA, ANCILLARY AND DOMESTIC STAFF
- Assisting with the Manager the Roster planning using ROTA CLOUD
- Assisting to Manage the Daily Duty Allocation and off Duty
- Ensure that there is a detailed morning Handover, and Evening Handover.
- Take overall responsibility for the running of the floor of home.
- Ensure front office telephones are answered in a timely manner if Manager is busy.
- Provide clinical leadership for the Registered Manager
- Monitor residents’ personal care and presentation
- Monitor cleaning standards and odour control.
- Monitor compliance & training standards
- Ensure best practise and correct induction of ALL new staff.
- Monitor personal care requirements and presentation of residents
- Feedback to staff on duty and cascade information
- Monitor cleaning standards and odour control
- Ensure ALL areas of the home are ALWAYS PRESENTABLE.
- Ensure all Clinical Audits are carried as per their respective schedule
- Ensure best practise across ALL staff members
- Ensure that you WALK through the Home throughout your shift and ensure the home is always correct.
- Ensure Night handovers are correct and that ALL night audits are carried out.
- Carry out Spot checks in the day and the night.
- Ensure when Director is on site, that an inspection of the Home can be carried out of the home.
- Assist with “show-arounds” as necessary if Manager is absent.
- Assess prospective residents’ care needs and write up each pre-move assessment on PERSON CENTRED SOFTWARE within one working day.
- Brief the care staff prior to each new resident moving-in if Manager absent.
- All telephone enquiries, as well as visitors, are responded to promptly if Manager absent.
- Enquiry forms are completed for all enquiries if Manager absent.
- All enquiries are followed up on at least a weekly basis.
- Both the resident and the care staff in the home are fully briefed before each new resident moves-in
- There is regular contact with local professionals (mainly Care Managers) who may influence potential residents to come to the homes together with Home Manager
- An e-mail list of all the above professionals is maintained.
- Assist the Registered Manager to interview new staff, carry out all regulatory checks and ensure that their induction programme is signed off before starting work on the floor.
- Ensure that staff training is always up to date.
- Ensure ALL staff are presentable at ALL times.
- Create a harmonious and approachable open door policy
- Observe Health and Safety requirements
- Attend training sessions in order to extend personal knowledge.
Please note that this Job Description will be subject to continuing review and development.
For more information or to apply for this job - please email your CV to email@example.com
To apply for this job please register with us!